Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 1 of NaNoWriMo 2011

Yes, my NaNoWriMo check-ins are back!  Let me know if there are any stats that you would find interesting or helpful.

General Stats:
Words Written Today: 2013
Total Words Written: 2013
Write-ins attended: 0
Words Written at a Write-in Today: 0
Total Words Written at Write-ins: 0
Cups of Coffee: 1
Plans Changed to Accommodate More Writing: 0
Named Characters Killed: 0
Scenes I forgot to Plot Out: 0
Scenes Completed: 1
Scenes Written that I’m likely to Cut in December: 1
Random Ideas Generated: 5

Random Thoughts:
- I came incredibly close to setting aside my outline and pantsing it this year
- I'm way out of practice for NaNoWriMo
- I will eventually need to name the colony and/or the planet that my story takes place on
- I really love Scrivener!
- I've learned from my brief attempts to edit last year's NaNo-Novel and am keeping all the NaNo-isms and sentences that I don't want to use in separate text sections.

Small Snippet of Novel:
         “Please explain to me what that means exactly.”
“Rook-Jarrard’s Disease is a virus that invades the brain and degrades the connections between the neurons. As the disease progresses there is loss of mobility and mental function.”
“So what is our plan of action? What steps can we take from here? How do we treat Rook-Jarrard’s?”
“There is currently no cure for Rook-Jarrard’s. There are some relatively effective treatments that will retard the progression of the degeneration and give you more time.
“How much time are we talking about?”
“We’ll need to done some testing to see the current rate and spread of degeneration before we can make any time estimates.”
“Give me a general idea based on your experience with the disease.”
“Patients with Rook-Jarrard’s can have as much as 5 years or a little as a few weeks from the time of diagnosis. It all depends on how far the disruption of neurons has spread and how fast it is spreading.”


Favorite NaNo-isms of the Day:
Bagan
Indictators
Diesease
Patheays
Scanenr

No comments:

Post a Comment