Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Book Habits Meme

I spotted this on Floor to Ceiling Books and the original post is on The World in the Satin Bag.


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack:

I sometimes snack and when I do my favorite snack is probably Starburst Jelly beans.


What is your favorite drink while reading?

I love to drink hot chocolate while I read but usually just drink water.


Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

I never mark in books that I read for fun. When I was still a student I sometimes wrote in books.


How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

I go back and forth between dog-ears and laying the book flat open. It depends on whether the book is staying home or coming with me. I occasionally try to use bookmarks but I either lose them or they fall out of my book and make me cranky.


Fiction, nonfiction, or both?

Definitely Fiction! I occasionally read some non-fiction but my primary reading interests are fiction.


Are you a person who tends to read to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?

I prefer to read to the end of a chapter or at least a POV change. This gets me in trouble because I often get so involved in the book that I miss the start of a chapter and just have to keep reading.


Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or on the floor if the author irritates you?

I throw books occasionally but mostly I stick to snarking at the book/author in my head.


If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop and look it up right away?

I usually try to figure it out based on sentence context, though if it bothers me a lot that I'm not sure I may look it up but that's pretty rare.


What are you currently reading?

Outlaw Mountain by JA Jance - one of her Joanna Brady mysteries. I've been speeding through mysteries now that I've finished the giant David Weber book!

What is the last book you bought?

Skeleton Canyon by JA Jance and To the Nines by Janet Evanovich.


Are you the type of person that reads one book at a time, or can you read more than one?

I mostly read one book at a time but if the one book is a large hardcover book, I often have a paperback that travels around with me in my purse.


Do you have a favorite time/place to read?

I really like to read before bed, all snuggled up in my blankets.


Do you prefer series books or standalones?

Both have their charms. I often read series books because my favorite authors do tend to be prolific and write in series but I enjoy standalones just as much.


Is there a specific book or author you find yourself recommending over and over?

In general, I recommend David Weber often but lately I've also been pushing Gail Carriger and her books (Soulless and Changeless).


How do you organize your books?(by genre, title, author’s last name, etc.)

The books that I've owned longer are sorted by Author's Last name. New and unread books are often in piles or random locations around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment