Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Post Jan 26- Feb 1

Being fairly sick this week was bad for both my reading and my writing.  I got nothing written for fandom and a couple of sentences added to my original fiction.  I'm getting tired of this cough! As for this week's reading:

Magic's Silken Snare By ElizaBeth Gilligan

This alternate magical history is set in a fictional Italian city state following a Gyspy magic user married to a Duke.  She goes to court to investigate her sister's death and must walk the line between her Gypsy heritage and what is socially acceptable.  It took me awhile to get into this one but once I did I found it thoroughly engrossing.  The wide variety of subplots was very engaging and added a new spice to what could have been a very predictable plotline.

And...that's it for this week.

Currently reading: There Will Be Dragons by John Ringo
I'm really enjoying it but working and trying to get enough sleep to banish a cold doesn't leave much time for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment