Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Book Post Feb 2-8

 A bit late, but not that it matters since this probably is the world's most pathetic book post.

There Will Be Dragons by John Ringo

A fascinating look at a future society terribly dependent on technology and what happens when a political struggle ties up all the energy that powers that technology.  The future of human civilization is in the hands of historical re-enactors and anyone with enough strength to grab the power.  I loved the conflict and struggle within the plot and the characters.  One of the most poignant moments is when one of the main viewpoint characters realizes that even though he would readily go back to the way things were, he would miss the new world because of the new passion that he had discovered for life through the hard work.

That's it for this week.

My big disappointment of the week was that I bought a new book from a favorite author that I thought was the first of a series- that's what it means when the book is first in the list of books in the series right?  Apparently not since I settled in to read my new book and the first part was a recap for not one but two books.  Seriously?

Then I got distracted by fandom: the reveals for  went up this week and I started reading everything in sight.  I'm lazy and like to wait for master lists with all the fics in one post...

No comments:

Post a Comment