Sunday, September 25, 2011

NaNoWriMo Preparation Sept 25

I have a full, though very basic outline that takes me from the beginning to the end of the story with a couple of options for the epilogue.  It turns out that there will be four viewpoint characters despite my assumption and expectation of five.  I wanted five but right now everything seems to flow pretty smoothly so I’ll leave it as it is for now.  Even though I have the events set out, some of them are only tenuously connected to the viewpoint character at that point so I will have to figure out where the pieces fit together.


Current Brainstorming Progress:
  • Outline goes through the basics from Beginning to Ending
  • Identified Two Possible Outlines
  • Have identified and named 4/4 Viewpoint Characters
  • The Viewpoint Characters have clear motivations (but not much else)
  • Done some basic World-building
    • Settlement Structure
    • Institutionalized Hierarchy
    • Basic Outbreak Procedures
I feel better about my ability to churn out at least 50,000 words on this project and can look forward to spending the next few weeks getting to know my characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment