Monday, September 12, 2011

NaNoWriMo Prep Week 1

I was reminded last week that National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is sneaking up on me again.  Every year that I do NaNoWriMo I get a little better prepared.  Last year I went in with an idea and about half a story's worth of an outline and I scraped out a win.  It was difficult and had it's fair share of word padding but I wrote 50,000 words in 30 days.  This year I hope to be even better prepared with a complete outline and a decent feel for my characters.  I've learned a lot about writing both through my participation last November and in the months following and I'm looking forward to giving it another go.

Current Brainstorming Progress:

  • Dusted off and combined a few plot bunnies
  • Figured out the Beginning and the Ending
  • Decided on 2/? viewpoint characters, still unnamed
  • I know that the "?" corresponds to the number of Acts there will be
  • I know the fate and motivations of Viewpoint Character #1
  • And I know, roughly, the Chain of Events he sets in motion
I think it's a good thing that I have a month and a half to keep brainstorming...

No comments:

Post a Comment